Friday, November 3, 2017

catching up on life

We've been kind of MIA on social media lately. Things are starting to slow down a smidge for us and I'm hoping to stay home snuggled up with my boys more often!


The big boys are doing pretty well in school. Owen is starting to read like a champ, which means no more spelling things out for Derek and I. He can add and subtract like it's going out of style & can tell you more about Christopher Columbus than I know. Jake is learning sight words & reading some short stories. He's also learning how to take numbers apart (like nine can be 4+5, 8+1, and so on).

Owen's fall ball had their end of the season party last weekend. I think my boys have a new love for bowling. Never a dull moment with the baseball fam❤
Jake can't wait to start in the spring!

 
Maks got some new gadgets-- his SMO orthotics, or as Derek calls him C-3PO (yes, that star wars robot guy) They have made such a huge difference! He is tolerating standing for longer periods and is even starting to take his own steps, when we help him weight shift.
In OT he is working on releasing objects, instead of flinging them, and strengthening those hand muscles. Speech is the one,for me, that is hard to see progress. It has taught me to have even more patience than I ever knew I had. We do a lot of repetition, I talk a lot to myself (really him) during the day and we have been working on sign language. I wish I would of took sign language in school, it really is so neat!There's more about Maks, medical wise, but I'll save that for another post.


Charlie, our pup, has been hittin' the doggy spa every six weeks like the spoiled baby he is. This last time they gave him a haircut like a poodle, I can't help but laugh every time I look at him!

Three weeks ago I snuck a new member into our family. I finally have another girl in the house--this is Milo and she has Owen wrapped around her paw. It's pretty darn cute.



Derek and I were able to sneak away for a few hours so he could finally have his birthday present! I'm pretty sure this was my best idea yet and I won't be able to top it. We had a little mix up two nights before, but it ended up working out in our favor + driving a better car.


We've got a fun filled schedule these next couple of days--Happy weekend!!
xoxo

No comments: