Thursday, December 27, 2012

Recovering & snuggling + long post part two

If you haven't read part one, you can click here to catch up :)

After unpacking the car at 2:00 am, Derek and I enjoyed a little us time & snuggled on the couch. We finally fell asleep around 3:00am. Luckily Jake slept really well that night! I was up and at 'em at 8:00, making coffee and chocolate milk while waiting on all three of my boys to wake up. Finally around 9:00 Owen came pitter patting out of his room & we went to wake up daddy.
yelling "HEY" was all it took to scare daddy awake haha.

Jakey wanted to snuggle<3

 With coffee and chocolate milk in hand, we headed downstairs to see what Santa brought!

His look when he saw the presents

Owen wasn't quite sure what to think at first.
"A day with a bunch of new toys?! I could get use to this!" is most likely what he was thinking.


After opening our stockings, he was on a roll!
Santa brought both boys matching Carhartt zip up hoodies. They look so cute in them.


Needless to say, Owen was not thrilled about any article of clothing.
Typical boy, am I right?
I'd say his favorite thing Santa brought was Bounce Bounce Tigger.

After our Christmas & breakfast, we headed over to my parents for presents and dinner.





My grandma & uncle were there too :)
I had to take this picture...I have her holding Owen the same way when he was around that age on Christmas day.

Oh here it is!




Yes I do remember a lot of the pictures I took of Owen & yes I try to get the same ones of Jake. Why you ask? Because I think it's neat.

After a yummy Christmas dinner, it was time to open our last round of presents.
Naturally, my parents saved the best for last.

I finally got my dyson ball vacuum!
(A little background info..I've been dying to have one of these forever! Every store ad I look at them and cringe at the price. Derek would kill me if I spent that much on a vacuum cleaner. Why am I obsessed with a vacuum cleaner you ask? I'm not too sure, maybe its the new wifey gene in me & my annoying cleaning/organizing obsession.)
I was a little hesitant to open this at first, I mean it was wrapped in one of my dad's blue prints. Haha.
If you know anything about my dad, he gets some weird things. I remember one year I got a big tubber ware tote. Useful stuff, but goofy.
Anyway when I opened it I freaked! I really with someone would of recorded it. I can only imagine what I looked like.



Every year Derek would get socks & underwear. This year I knew he really needed black dress socks, so my mom got him a few pair. After he opened them he brought up how he didn't get his new undies this year. That is when my dad chimed in "There might be some in one of these other packages" My mom grabbed the only pink victorias secret bag & gave it to Derek.
"Oh look your mom got me new underwear"
"Hunny, that's my dad's hand writing on the tag"
"Oh"
Remember how I said my dad did goofy things?

Hahaha!
Just FYI, there really wasn't underwear in there, it was some tool.


This momma is getting way tired. Yes it's only 9:25 I don't care.
I leave you with a couple more pictures!

Hope you all had a great Christmas like my family did!









2 comments:

Clara Schoen said...

HI dear! I found you on the blog hop! Cute blog. Feel free to follo wme back - http://walking-inthe-light.blogspot.com/

Blessings,
Clara

Unknown said...

Found you on the blog hop, hope you have a great new year and feel free to follow me back :) Happy Holidays!
The Real McCoy(s)