Monday, October 29, 2012

Show & Tell: How I met your Father



1. Tell us about how and when you met your love and what attracted you most to him.

Derek & I met the summer of 2008. It was a week before my high school graduation, my friends and I went to Tappen Lake for a little getaway. All four of us girls had just turned 18 but never went to a 18+ bar together. One of the girls cousin, Jake, wanted to take us all. Mind you, we were two hours from home so we weren't too sure. Luckily we ended up going. On the car ride there, Jake was telling us about some of his friends that would be there.
"Oh Micah I think you'll like Derek. Blah blah blah" ( I can't remember what else he said nor did I care I had a bf)
We got to the bar & met the guys. Of course I instantly was crushing on Derek!! We played a few rounds of pool & my girls dared me to grab his butt. I did. The rest is history :)


2. Show us the very first {or one of the first} pictures you guys ever took together. {Feel free to show us more than one}

So young :)


3. Tell us some of your favorite memories that you two had together.

Oh where to begin?!
•him driving up to Kent State every other weekend just to see me.
•when he asked me to be his girlfriend
•finding out we were pregnant with our first son
•proposing :) and our cute country wedding!
•pregnant with our second son
•buying our first house

The list could go on!!


4. Tell us your favorite qualities about this man, what makes him "the one."

respectful, gentlemen, an amazing daddy, his soft side :) and a great son in-law to my parents


5. Tell us what your "date nights" typically look like.

what's that?
Haha just kidding. Kinda.
We very early get to go on dates alone without our boys. I guess that's why they are so special to us. We usually go to a nice quiet dinner & just shop around. Nothing too fancy. Sometimes we even go grocery shopping.
You laugh but it's hard with two babies!

No comments: