Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter + a birthday


there's kind of no better feeling than driving down that dirt road with the windows down, heading to the farm.
We decided last minute to go back home for Easter.
I asked Derek if he wanted to go and he couldn't of said "YES" any faster!
(my cowboy is a little home sick living in this big city)
Friday finally came & after a cute yummy surprise from Derek, we hit the road!



Saturday we met up with my cousin for lunch at Crackle Barrel! He even brought the boys Easter goodies. I think he likes them a tiny bit ;)


Sunday the Easter bunny visited the farm! He left the boys baskets & a bunch of eggs to find.
We had a Easter lunch with our brother & sister in-laws and the boys got more goodies!

waiting for pappy to get home from milkin'



Sunday was also my 23rd birthday and I got exactly what I wanted...to watch my boys open their baskets & enjoy them :) it's the little things.

After lunch we headed over to my mother in-laws and yupp you guessed it, more Easter goodies!!! She even put yummy stuff in for Derek & I :)
& lets talk about the deal she scored on a Hooked on Phonics kit (does anyone remember those commercials?) it was $100 and some, she got it for $2.50!
Owen will be one smart preschooler next year!!

Our weekend vacation went by so fast! We headed home around 4:00 and had dinner with my parents. I was still in a food coma but managed to eat all the yummy food they made & the best birthday strawberry cake ever!! They also thought they'd be funny & wrap a present for me in baby shower paper. I even asked who was having a baby..apparently I am?!
The Easter bunny made one last stop for the boys! A huge basket full of candy, sidewalk chalk & bubbles.
We were all so worn out come 9:00, we headed home & all went to bed!

Thankfully Derek took today off & we were able to browse the clearance Easter stuff at Target and go grocery shopping.

 
 
We hope everyone had a great Easter!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Belated happy birthday and your little boys are adorable!